Sewed a ”myspöl” yesterday out of five covers and a pair of curtains, all from IKEA. Very simple and a lot cheaper then buying a pöl online.
- Started with the bottom. Folded three covers double and then cut out a circle, about 100cm in diameter. (6X 100cm round cover pieces)
- Took the fabric and cut out two bigger circles (2x110cm round fabric pieces)
- I then sewed the cover parts together with one of the fabric parts. (To keep them in place)
- And then I sewed the two fabric parts together.
- For the edge I started with cutting out 2x 150x60cm rectangular pieces. Folded them and then sewed them onto the circle. (Like two flat tunnels attached on the circle)
- I filled the edge with two covers and then sewed together the open sides by hand.
- At last I turned the whole thing so that the seam came on the inside, hidden by the puffy wall. And done!
Took a couple of hours (2-3) and the cost for the material landed around 400kr.
Astrid already likes it alot! So good now that she’s sitting, but still falls over a lot.